We heart Kale. Try this easy and delicious meal to satisfy your sassy appetite.
- 3 large kale leaves
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 stalk, green onion, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher/sea salt (¼ teaspoon table salt)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Tear the soft leaf of the kale away from the center stalk that runs throughout the length of the kale. Discard the tough stalk. Using a chef’s knife, finely chop the kale leaves. Rock back and forth with your knife over the leaves like you are mincing. Add to a large bowl, along with the cherry tomatoes, green onion and parsley.
2. Grate the cauliflower using the large holes of a box grater. Add to the bowl and mix.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and the olive oil. Pour dressing into the bowl and toss gently. Taste and season with additional salt if needed.
Yields four servings, 55 Calories each.
Serving up the Sass, daily. Join SASSY NATION