Empowering women to say f*ck yes to a vivacious, high-vibe life!
Getting ready for the weekend? Don’t neglect that weekly pedi. Try this sassy Cranberry Apple Pedicure from Sweet Lily Natural Spa:
What you need:
Wooden orange stick Nail file Polish Top & Base coat 32 oz Fresh apple cider Large bowl for soaking your feet Cranberry Seed Exfoliant: (combine ingredients in a small bowl) ½ cup cranberry oil (you can substitute olive oil) ½ cup granulated sugar 1 tablespoon ground cranberry seeds (found in most health food stores)
1) Remove any old polish and file nails to desired shape. Perillo recommends keeping them a bit curved on the sides to avoid ingrowns.
2) Warm the fresh apple cider. Add to large soaking bowl along with 32 ounces of warm water.
3) Sit back, relax and soak feet for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the natural alpha-hydroxy acids in the cider do their magic on hard spots and calluses.
4) Using the orange stick, gently push back cuticles.
5) Massage a scoop of the Cranberry Seed Foot Exfoliant in a circular motion into feet and legs. Make sure to pay extra attention to heels and rough spots.
6) Rinse with warm water. “There’s no need to apply lotion afterwards as the cranberry oil in the scrub is an exceptional natural moisturizer,” says Perillo.
7) Clean the nails well with a non-acetone remover to remove any excess oil.
8) Apply polish: one coat of base coat, two coats of color, then one coat of top coat. “I prefer using a quick dry top coat such as Seche Vite or Qticas Quick Dry Drops,” says Perillo.