Sassy Appetit: Kale, It’s What’s for Brunch
3 eggs (2 whites + 1 whole egg is how I roll)
1 generous handful of kale
½ cup of rice
¼ cup Mozzarella cheese
1 vegetarian breakfast patty
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon of butter
1 tablespoon of water (optional)
What you’ll do:
1. Make Rice (I won’t detail this because I usually always have rice in the freezer on standby)
2. Rinse kale, pat dry, set aside
2a.While rice is cooking crack eggs in a bowl and whisk. Add salt and pepper. (I also like to add about a tablespoon of water instead of milk to make the eggs fluffy) Set aside.
3. Cook veggie patty on med. heat in olive oil until browned evenly on both sides. Set aside
4. Add butter to saute pan, let melt, then add Kale. Cook until slightly wilted, about 1 min. on medium high.
5. Add eggs to pan. Gently fold as they begin to set. Add mozzarella once eggs are mostly firm (the last minute of cooking) to allow cheese time to melt.
6. Lay eggs and kale over bed of rice and top with veggie sausage.