Sound advice from the Drugstore Princess.
Lots of people get confused when it comes to the order of application/use of skincare products!
You definitely don’t have to use all of these products at once, but this is the general process - if you leave out a certain step, the next step would come afterwards.
1. Makeup Removal - Use makeup removal wipes, liquid remover, or oil to loosen and remove most of your face and eye makeup.
2. Cleansing - Use a gentle face wash to wash away the rest of your makeup, dirt and oil that accumulates on your face. You MUST wash your face after using a makeup remover, because you don’t want to leave those oils on your skin. If you use a face scrub, you do not need to use a regular cleanser.
3. Face Mask - A face mask is usually applied on a damp face. Use warm water to steam your skin and open up your pores. Masks are normally left on for around 15 minutes or so (read the directions) - rinse off with warm water and pat dry. You do have to wash your face before using a mask, to get rid of extra oil or makeup on the skin.
4. Toner - Toner (or astringent) is applied to the face, and does not need to be rinsed off. Toner restores the pH balance of your skin, and can prevent clogged pores. Apply toner with a cotton ball to the skin, and let dry.
5. Moisturizer - Moisturizer is a necessity, no matter what type of skin you have. Even oily skin needs hydration! You can apply moisturizer over toner, or on freshly washed, dry skin. For extra dry skin, apply moisturizer while your skin is still slightly wet. Allot about 2 minutes for moisturizer to absorb into your skin.
6. Eye/Wrinkle Cream - Apply a tiny amount of eye cream to the under eye area with your finger, and pat it into the skin. It’s good to use eye cream at any age, because the skin around your eyes is very sensitive, and often needs extra moisture.
7. Spot Treatment - If you have a zit you want to get rid of, or if you are using a serum/cream for fading dark spots, etc, this should be applied last. If you apply spot treatments before moisturizer, you will simply rub the treatment away! You only need a small drop, applied to the area where you need it. Spot treatments normally are not applied to the entire face.
Keep up with the daily fab, join Sassy Nation